Juggle Street Pty Ltd (ABN 80 600 449 938) (collectively referred to as "Juggle Street", "we", "us" or "our") is committed to protecting the privacy of personal information we hold in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988 and the Australian Privacy Principles.
- "Juggle Street Platform" includes the website located at www.jugglestreet.com (the "Website"), all related webpages and downloadable Apps and associated customer support;
- "Juggler" means an individual looking to outsource babysitting jobs and eligible to register as a 'Juggler' on the Juggle Street Platform; and
- "Sitter" means an individual looking to provide babysitting services and eligible to register as a 'Sitter' on the Juggle Street Platform.
By using the Juggle Street Platform, you consent to our collection and use of your personal information in the manner set out below.
Personal information includes any information or opinion about an identified individual, or an individual who is reasonably identifiable regardless of whether the information is true or not, for example, a person's name, address and other contact details.
Sensitive information includes health information as well as information which is also considered personal information, for example, information or an opinion about an individual's religious beliefs, political opinion, racial origins and membership of a professional or trade association or trade union.
Protecting your privacy
Anonymity and pseudonyms
From time to time, you may be able to visit the Juggle Street Platform and deal with us anonymously or by pseudonym. However, we require certain personal information to be able to provide you with the services or information you seek. If you do not provide us with certain required information, we may not be able to provide you with access to those services or respond to your request in the way you expect.
For example, we may not be able to respond to your enquiry, assess your application to register as a Sitter on the Juggle Street Platform, enter you in a promotion, or send you requested information.
Your personal information
We only collect personal information which is reasonably necessary for, or directly related to, one or more of our functions or activities.
The types of personal information we collect from you will depend upon the type of interaction that you have with us. Broadly speaking, the types of personal information that we collect may include the following:
- If you are applying to register as a Sitter on the Juggle Street Platform, your name, address, email address, telephone details, age and date of birth, photo, next of kin or emergency contact details, education, employment history, references/referee details and first aid qualifications;
- If you are applying to register as a Juggler on the Juggle Street Platform, your name, address, email address, telephone details, references/referee name and contact details, age and gender of children in your care details and of any allergies of the children in your care, next of kin or emergency contact details;
- If you are providing a reference/vouching for an individual applying to register as a Juggler on the Juggle Street Platform, your name, address, email address and telephone details; and
- Reviews, ratings and testimonials.
Where we do collect sensitive information from you, such as health information, we will not do so without your consent.
How we collect personal information
We may collect personal information from you in a number of ways, including the following:
- when you send us an e-mail, "contact us" message or other correspondence that you send via the Juggle Street Platform;
- when you submit an application to register as a Sitter on the Juggle Street Platform and you create your Sitter Profile;
- when you submit an application to register as a Juggler on the Juggle Street Platform and create your Juggler Profile;
- when you use the Juggle Street Platform, once you have registered as a Sitter or Juggler;
- when you make enquiries about Juggle Street and the Juggle Street Platform;
- when you enter a promotion, competition, provide feedback or participate in a survey, market research or other promotional activities which we conduct; and
- when you sign up to receive our newsletters or marketing material.
We may also collect personal information from third parties, for example:
- from referees in support of your application to register as a Juggler on the Juggle Street Platform;
- from your friends if we conduct a refer a friend promotion; and
- debit and payment service providers who may process transactions on behalf of the Juggle Street Platform; and
- from market research organisations we have engaged to conduct market research on our behalf.
We collect other information from you which is not personal information. For example, general information about visitors to our Website is collected for general statistical reporting – such information includes service provider, browser type, pages accessed on our Website and what site you came from – however, this information cannot be used to personally identify you.
Access by children
How we use your personal information
Your personal information may be used by us in a number of ways, including the following:
- for the purpose for which the information was requested, for example, processing applications to use the Juggle Street Platform and associated bookings;
- to respond to your query or feedback, for example, to respond to a request for further information about the way in which the Juggle Street Platform operates;
- to promote and market both our current and future range of services;
- to assist with our internal business processes;
- for market research purposes and to improve our range of services;
- to administer contests, promotions and surveys;
- for promotional purposes, for example, to inform you about special offers and promotions in connection with the Juggle Street Platform; and
- for any other purposes that you would reasonably expect including to enable us to comply with our obligations under the law.
If you would like to unsubscribe (or "opt out") from receiving any future direct marketing material, please email us or use the "unsubscribe" link in our direct marketing emails. We will respond to your unsubscribe request within a reasonable period after your request is made.
When we disclose your personal information
We may disclosure your personal information in a variety of circumstances including the following:
- to Jugglers who have requested introductions to Sitters;
- to Sitters in order to facilitate introductions to Jugglers;
- to referees;
- to contractors, agents and suppliers whom we have engaged to provide products and/or services on our behalf, for example, information technology service providers in connection with the Juggle Street Platform and payment processors;
- to assist in complying with certain laws and regulations;
- to our professional advisors, such as lawyers and accountants;
- if required by law;
- to law enforcement bodies and when we have reason to believe that it is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against persons or entities that may be causing injury to you, to us or to others; and
- to any other person for any other purposes that would be reasonably expected.
Juggle Street may also provide personal and other information to a purchaser or successor entity in connection with the sale of all or part of Juggle Street.
We do not sell your name or other personal information to third parties, and do not intend to so in the future.
Updating personal information
We take reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information we collect and use is accurate, complete and up-to-date. However, the accuracy of the information we hold depends to a large extent on the information you provide.
You can update your personal information at any time. We ask you to keep your information as current as possible so that we may continue to provide the Juggle Street Platform to you. Please help us by:
- (a) letting us know if there are any errors in the information we hold about you; and
- (b) keeping us up-to-date with changes to your information, such as changes to your name or address.
If you have a Sitter Profile or Juggler Profile, you may update your details via the Juggle Street Platform.
If you are a parent or guardian of a minor who has registered as a Sitter, please note that you may request us to destroy or de-identify your child's personal information.
How you can access your personal information
You have a right to request access to your personal information held by us. You are also able to update your details or remove your details should you wish to "opt out" in the future. Should you wish to access, update or remove your details, please email us.
Alternatively, if you have a Sitter Profile or Juggler Profile, you may access the personal information we hold about you via the Juggle Street Platform.
Juggle Street will ordinarily grant you access to your personal information which we hold unless there is a permitted reason for not doing so. If there is a permitted reason for not providing you with access, we will provide you with a written explanation setting out the reasons for our refusal of your request (unless it is unreasonable for us to do so). We will also inform you of the mechanism to complain about our refusal at that time.
Please note that we may charge a reasonable fee for responding to your request for access.
Preventing unauthorised access to your personal information
We will take such steps as are reasonable in the circumstances to maintain the security of and to prevent misuse, interference and loss as well as unauthorised access, modification or disclosure of your personal information.
We have implemented a variety of security measures to safeguard the privacy of your personal information. These measures include the following:
- your information is stored on secured networks consistent with industry standards, and is accessible by those employees and agents who have special access rights to such systems;
- the Juggle Street Platform uses a secure server so that credit card details provided are transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology; and
- industry-standard encryption technologies are used when transferring or receiving sensitive information supplied by users.
While we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee or warrant its complete security. No data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. We shall not be responsible for harm that you or any person may suffer as a result of a breach of confidentiality in respect of your use of the Juggle Street Platform or any information you post to, or transmit to or via the Juggle Street Platform.
If you have an online account, your account will be able to be accessed by anyone who knows your login details. You should keep you login details, and any other information you use to remember these details, in a private and secure manner.
Juggle Street accepts no responsibility for information that is disclosed to or obtained by parties who know your login details.
Privacy Complaint or Concern
If you have a complaint or concern about the way in which your privacy has been handled, please send an email to [email protected]. We will send you an email within 5 working days of the date we receive your complaint or concern to confirm that we have received your email. We will then investigate your complaint or concern and provide you with our response within a reasonable timeframe. If, after receiving our response, you still consider that your privacy complaint has not been resolved, you may then, for example, take your complaint to the Australian Privacy Commissioner.
Cookies are small text files that may be placed on your computer or other device by websites when you visit them. Cookies enable Juggle Street to recognise your device on a subsequent visit by that device to the Juggle Street Platform and allow us to deliver a more personalised experience by providing information to us. Cookies are essential for some Platform functions and these functions will not work in the absence of those cookies.
You can use the browser privacy functions to clear the cookies already on your computer or to block cookies in the future by altering the browser privacy settings. However, please note this may cause some of the functionality of the Platform to not work correctly.
Google uses this information to evaluate your use of the Juggle Street Platform, to compile reports on website activity for website operators and providing other services relating to website activity and internet usage. Google may disclose this information to third parties where required to do so by law, or where the third parties process the information on Google's behalf. However, Google does not associate your IP address with any other data it holds.
How to contact us
Last Updated: 28 October 2014
Juggle Street Pty Ltd
Email: [email protected]
Phone: +61 2 8001 6263
Address: Level 4, 16 Spring Street, Sydney NSW 2000 Australia